November 2, 2009

Dear ...

I sit and watch from afar
As you struggle
An everlasting inner battle
How I wish
I could take you in my hands
A strong embrace
Full of love
And acceptance
Something my words
Cant give over
I look at you
Look into your eyes
Pain. Hurt.
Can I really help
Alleviate it?
Would you believe me
If I told u
My heart is aching for yours?
I just cant wait
For the day
You come back
For the day
Your plastered smile
Will actually reach your eyes
Hang in there my dear
We're all still here
And when we say "we love you"
You just can't know
How truly we mean it

6 comments:

little sheep said...

beautiful...

halfshared said...

So beautiful! Whoever you wrote this for, is lucky to have a person like you in his/her life!

Freeda said...

LS and HS, my thoughts exactly. So real, so touching. Moved me to tears...

Freeda said...

i'm pulled back here every day- and each time I read it, I cry once more....

thinking out loud said...

Thank you everyone...
I orignially wrote this for a friend of mine, and after posting it, I realized it could be addressed to so many of them :(

Lvnsm said...

thats what friends are for, your words are beautiful