June 11, 2009

He's watching me...

You know those parental control programs for internet usage?
Where parents get to see everything their children do while online?
Well recently, someone told me that they got it for their computer, as a precaution for themselves, their children and anyone else who would use it.
This means that if anyone does anything online on that computer, they get a fully detailled report of each site that was visited.
Personally, I wouldn't use their computer to go online, not because I would do something bad or inappropriate, but just because of the thought that they could see everything I do.
But the truth is, Hashem is also watching every single thing I say, do, and think, and that's not only while I'm at the computer. It should bother me just as much - at least, if not more - and I should act accordingly.

3 comments:

Something Different said...

Really, really good point. Something I should remind myself every time I log in. Even if I am not doing anything "bad" there is often bittul zman involved...

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Something Different: do we have that same thing of "bitul zman" as men since we're not required to learn?

But yea, it's very important to remember, and it's hard to imagine it all the time. The best way to remember, is by starting out with davening, and realizing we are standing before Hashem, that is the most obvious time where we believe that Hashem is always before us, otherwise we would just be crazy. Then after that, it grows to other places where we feel that Hashem is with us, and then we can be on the level to feel as though Hashem is watching us constantly in everything we do, and to "Kadesh Atzmecha B'Ma Sh'Mutar Luch".

thinking out loud said...

JSB - in other words, "שביתי ד' לנגדי תמיד"