September 17, 2009

Just one year...

It's hard to believe the year is already gone.
I look back at what was last year, and what's now....
I see my friend, the best shidduch-kvetcher ever - we're shopping, of course. Then we go out for slurpee... Well she's married now. and she's b'h expecting.
There's another friend. She was also single - she now carries a ring and sheitel with pride.
And what about Plonit? she's engaged. And that one? she just had her second baby...
Did any of them ever think this would actually happen to them over the year? they all hoped and dreamt about it, but that it actually would happen? i'll never know.
But one thing i know is that my hopes are all still alive.
Rosh Hashanah is now here, I must let the voice of those hopes and dream speak up. One can never guess the impact our תפילות have on our life.
May this coming year be full of good things,
כתיבה וחתימה טובה to you all!

8 comments:

Something Different said...

Amein! That's a very encouraging point...

Freeda said...

It's hard to comment while video chatting...
but you're right. Each year brings changes, both big and small. I like to reflect on the past year and use that as an inspiriation for my tefillos on R"H. The same way last R"H, I had no idea what this past year would bring, I now have no idea what this coming year will bring. But it's all decided on R"H. So my tefillos this R"H are determining the changes in my life this coming year.
This is much clearer in my head than on the screen....

Rivka Photography said...

Amein! And you should find your besheret with Hashems help :) Shana Tova!

smb said...

shana tova

I tagged you by the way

thinking out loud said...

SD - "where there's hope, there's life"

Freeda - video chatting? i hope it wasn't with strangers :P

Rivka - Amen! and if it has to take him a long time to come in order to stay for a long time, its ok.

Lvnsm - thanx, shana tova to you too. (i saw you tagged me, gotta think about it, thx)

Freeda said...

with strangers? that wouldn't be safe now, would it?...nah, it was with a friend...

thinking out loud said...

freeda - was just checking....

Anonymous said...

it's so true...and i am amazed at your strength-yes strength.