August 8, 2009

Still sleeping?

I woke up from my nap, feeling a bit uncomfortable.
Once again, I had slept on my arm, and although I was awake, it was still sleeping.
Basically, it felt like my arm was chopped off, and I was laying on a piece of rubber.
I started flicking and tapping it, in order for it to regain some sensation.
It took a few hits, and a few minutes, but eventually the numbness wore out, and I was able to feel my arm again.

Sometimes, some of us 'fall asleep' in our Yiddishkeit, and we need a flick, a tap to wake us up. Some hits are harder than others, but the goal is just that: to wake us up.

3 comments:

Freeda said...

so true...

itsagift said...

Wow - that's a really good mashal!
Let's hope we all wake up from the little 'taps' so Hashem doesn't have to bang hard to wake us up and get us to change!
It's almost elul!!!

smb said...

Sometimes we need to try to get moving again